London Tech Trip
Discover the London Tech Scene at CenEka's first Tech Trip
- Wednesday 10 April 2019 14:00 - Saturday 13 April 2019 22:00
Je moet inloggen om je in te kunnen schrijven.
UDPATE: The board has selected the 24 students. They will be contacted soon with more information. For those who missed the deadline (March 5th): you can still apply, and will be put on a waiting list.
Interested in the London tech scene, with its dozens of start-ups, high-tech multinationals and some worldwide corporate headquarters? Looking for a spring break with fellow engineering students in a bustling city? Or maybe even looking for career opportunities abroad?
Then we have the perfect solution for you: The London TechTrip! Here we will visit some high-tech companies and University College London (UCL), but also have time to relax, discover London, and get to know your fellow students. A perfect mix of technology and pleasure.
- From 10 April to 13 April (first week of Spring break)
- 3 nights at central hostel***
- All transportations (Eurostar and London Underground)
- All company visits and some cultural visits
- Group of max. 24 students
- Price: €299
- 2 PM: Gather at the Brussel-South Station
- 3 PM → 4 PM: Train Travel
- Arrival at the Hostel***
- organizational information moment
- speed dating with all the participants
- Breakfast at the hostel
- 10 AM → 12 PM GOOGLE
- 12 PM → 1 PM DEEPMIND
- 3 PM → 5 PM FACEBOOK
- 6 PM: Networking evening at a local bar
- Connect with London based engineers and the group.
- Talk about the life as an engineer in London.
- Inform what they do in their start-up or company.
- Get insights in the recruiting process
- Breakfast at the Hostel
- 10 AM → 11 AM Presentation concerning the research at University College London (UCL)
- 11 AM → 12 PM Tour of the Lab at UCL
- 3 PM –> 6 PM Arabesque London + National Science Museum
: Arabesque is a global asset management firm, using self-learning models and big data to assess the performance and sustainability of companies.
- The group will be split in two: while one group visits Arabesque, the other will visit the National Science Museum.
- Breakfast at the Hostel - FREE TIME
- 1 PM → 2 PM: London Sky Garden (tickets included)
- 3 PM → 4 PM Retrieval Luggage at the Hostel and gather at St. Pancras Intl.
- 4 PM → 7 PM: Train Travel (time change)
- Currently enrolled in a program Electrical engineering/ Computer Science engineering / Computer Science at Ghent University
- 3rd bachelor, Master or PhD level
- Motivation is key: students who want to grow their international network and have a passion for technology.
HOW TO APPLY?
Make an account on our website ceneka.be, upload your resume to your profile and provide a small motivation text (about 300 words) with your registration on this page. The board of CenEka will use this to select up to 24 students who can join us. Deadline: March 5, 7 PM.
Project Manager: Willem Himpe Mobile: +32 478 43 65 79 email@example.com
Praeses Ceneka: Dennis Maes Mobile: +32 474 19 76 11 firstname.lastname@example.org